Waldhof-Falkenstein

- 35 residents
- district area 337 hectares
- municipality Neuerburg
- Eifel district of Bitburg-Prüm

 
  • Falkenstein castle (privately owned); nature reserve "Ourschleife-Falkenstein"

  • Hiking on marked trails

  • Falkenstein was self ruled in the feudal period until 1794. The first written mention of a "Ludovicus de Falcunstein" comes from the year 1173. The reign Falkenstein had many changing owners with the families Falkenstein, Mellier and Brandenburg and the houses of Bettingen, Prüm zur Leyen, Malberg, Esch/Sauer and Neuerburg . In the robbery wars of Louis XIV, the castle was burned down in 1679.
  •  

    Die Südeifel - Aktiv

    Die Südeifel bietet für Jung und Alt viele Möglichkeiten der Freizeitgestaltung....

    ansehen

    Landschaftsimpressionen

    Ferienregion "Im goldenen Grund"...

    ansehen